Spark International supports startups and impact entrepreneurs in Kenya, South Africa, Bangladesh and South Africa. While most applications closed just recently, early stage impact entrepreneurs from Bangladesh can still apply for the accelerator in Dhaka until the 1st of March 2017. For each intake, Spark* Bangladesh selects fifteen entrepreneurs for the accelerator. The program runs from 15th-20th April 2017.
Here an overview of the accelerator program:
- One week accelerator training that help you grow your business incl. pitching, raising funds, investment, team management, marketing, branding
- Final idea pitch to investors, partners, philanthropists and potential clients
- Access to the Spark* support network to experts, professionals, graphic designers, website creators, business coaches, mentors, research assistants, lawyers and accountant.
- The opportunity to continually apply for small grants (approx. 14,000 Tk) to help you overcome barriers and test ideas to grow the impact or sustainability of your venture
After the twelve month start the growth phase, where you can access larger grants from $10,000- $50,000 Australian dollars. According to their website, about one in every 25 Spark* entrepreneurs gets through to this stage.
Food and accommodation will be covered during the accelerator, yet you are required to organise and cover the costs for transportation to and from the venue in Dhaka.
Who can apply?
- Local citizens
- Impact entrepreneurs that have already launched an enterprise that is making a difference in the lives of Bangladeshis (i.e. access to clean water/energy/education, affordable housing, community development, human rights, employment, food security etc.)
- Impact entrepreneurs who want to scale their enterprise and strive for bigger impact
Here an overview of the Spark* Bangladesh Entrepreneurs from October 2016
Application deadline: 01.03.2017 I More information and application here
If you have launched an accelerator, incubator or support program for entrepreneurs in your country, and would like funding, training and in-country support to help you improve what you are doing, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short introduction.