The Global Entrepreneurship Congres (GEC) 2017
Every year, the Global Entrepreneurship Congress (GEC) gathers together thousands of entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, government officials, startup support organisations, educators, policymakers and other startup champions from more than 160 countries to identify new ways of helping founders start and scale new ventures around the world.
GEC 2017 will take place in the heartbeat of South Africa, in Johannesburg — a budding startup hub that is both an economic and cultural cornerstone of the country — which promises to build on the successes of previous years. The good news is that anyone can register and participate as a delegate – at no costs. Once registered for the GEC, you will be able to build a personalised schedule on the website, selecting the sessions you want to attend. The event takes place from March 13 – 16 at the Sandton Convention Centre. View the GEC Programm here.
The GEC2017 Digital Pitch Competition
Entrepreneurs have also the opportunity to enter the GEC2017 Digital Pitch Competition.The top 5 winners can pitch their ideas to local and global investors at the GEC2017 in Johannesburg
- Top 5 winners have the opportunity to pitch their ideas to local and global investors at the GEC 2017 in Johannesburg
- Flights and accommodation (3 nights) will be covered for the winner to travel to Johannesburg
- Recognition as a VIP guest at the GEC
- Publicity – Winners will be announced on the GEC South Africa Facebook Page
Who can enter?
- African entrepreneurs and innovators in the idea, prototype and operational stage
- You need to take a 3 minute video of yourself and upload it on Youtube
The competition will have two judging phases:
- Public voting on Facebook until 05.02.2017
- Top 20 videos with the highest votes will proceed to next judging phase
- Top 5 winner will be selected and announced on the 17.02.2017