Wether you are an aspiring, emerging or existing social entrepreneur or change-maker, this overview of scholarships, programmes and competitions is certainly worth a closer look!
1. Startery Camp
The week contains various workshops and expert advise in specific topics such as sales, marketing, team building and strategic management. You will also get to learn about Social Entrepreneurship, Design Thinking, Business Modelling and Impact Measurement. In addition to that, SAP is offering a 6 month mentoring support after the week in Walldorf.
When and where?
20.-24. June 2016, Walldorf, Germany
Who can apply?
- Anyone with an idea to a solution of a societal problem that wants to start a company
- You must be based in Germany, Austria or Switzerland
Deadline: 30.04.2016 I More information and online application here
2. Startery Lab Berlin
The Startery Lab Berlin programmes is a fellowship programme for social entrepreneurs in the startup and implementation phase. It is also offered by SAP and Social Impact.
The fellowship covers a period of up to 8 months and includes mentoring by SAP employees, coaching, workshops, expert advise, addressing & matching to potential financing partners, professional assistance in writing applications for financial support, access to networks and a co-working space in Berlin Kreuzberg.
Who can apply?
- Socially innovative entrepreneurs with fresh, new ideas to make the world a better place
- Both single entrepreneurs and teams
- German or english-speakers
- Sufficient time to start a business
- You must be based in Berlin
- You must be available and take part in the pitch workshop and pitch
Deadline: 29.05.2016 I More information and online application here
3. Sports4Impact / IT4Change Wirkungsschmiede
The Sports4Impact stipend is directed for young social entrepreneurs aged between 16-27 who use sports or IT for the greater good. It is part of Programm Engagement mit Perspektive (PEP), an initiative by Ashoka.
The stipend includes financial support, coaching and trainings, mentoring by SAP employees and access to an international network.
Who can apply?
- Young social entrepreneurs aged between 16 – 27 using IT or sports to address societal problems
- Social entrepreneurs / teams that have already tested their idea/project
- Availability on both thee day events: 29.-31.07.16 and 28.-30.10.16
Sports4Impact Deadline: 30.04.2016 I More information and online application here
IT4Change Deadline: 08.05.201 I More information and online application here
4. Seif Awards 2016
The Seif Awards offer innovative social enterprises from all over the world and from all kind of sectors the opportunity to win one of the four CHF 10’000 prizes in the following categories: Integration and Prevention, Entrepreneurial Innovation, Future Trends and Social Entrepreneurship.
Who can appy?
- Social Enterprises from all over the world and from all kind of sectors
- Your enterprise creates social impact and is supported by a sustainable business model
- Application must be submitted in German or English
Deadline: 30.06.2016 I More information and online application here
Startsocial is a national-wide competition, under the patronage of Angela Merkel, fostering volunteer and social engagement initiatives in Germany. 100 coaching scholarships are offered to social initiatives on an annual basis. Each of the 100 selected initiatives receives 4 moths support by two coaches. The top seven initiatives (Bundespreisträger) will receive in addition 5.000 EUR financial support.
Who can apply?
- Individuals and teams with social initiatives based in Germany
- Initiatives focused on voluntary service
- Initiatives should be people focussed / human centred
- Jury criteria: social impact, sustainability, efficiency and scalability
Deadline: 31.05.2016 I More information and online application here
6. Post Graduate Certificate in Social Innovation Management
The post-grad certificate in Social Innovation Management covers a period of 10 months and combines online with field-based learning. It is offered by the Amani Institute, whose aim it is to developing whole individuals who have the knowledge and practical skills required to solve today’s problems and the networks to be equipped to take on social challenges. It is offered in Nairobi, Kenya and Soa Paulo, Brasil.
Who can apply?
- Anyone who wants to further develop their leadership competencies
- Individuals currently working in the social sector who want to accelerate their career
- Social entrepreneurs who want to take their venture to the next level
- Individuals and recent graduates who are seeking to launch their social change careers
- A university degree (undergraduate or bachelor’s)
- At least two years of practical experience (either working or volunteering)
- Evidence of commitment to social change through your personal and/or professional life
- Strong desire to develop yourself further both professionally and personally
- Interest in gaining a further global perspective to your previous experiences
Costs: USD 7950 (Financial aid may be offered for programme costs)
Deadline: 06.06.2016 I More information and online application here
Other programmes and competitions, currently not open for applications:
2016 European Social Innovation Competition – Theme: Integrated Futures – Focus: Refugees & Migrants
Each year, the European Commission runs a social innovation competition. The 2016 theme “Integrated Futures” refers to the focus on refugees and migrants. The call for entries closed early April 2016, with 1095 ideas received. The semi-finalists of the competition will be announced in early June, and the three prizes of €50,000 will be awarded in late October 2016.
SenseCube is a 6 month accelerator program for social start-ups. They support innovative entrepreneurs, using digital technologies to mobilise strong communities and solve social and environmental issues. SenseCube is currently based in Brussels, Paris and Mexico, and a project powered by MakeSense.