As you probably know by now, I’m heading back to South Africa in about a month to meet with inspiring and interesting people or organisations in the Social Entrepreneurship space. And I’ve been thinking about how to make the best out of this trip for me and others like you! What is it, that interests you most? What would you like to know about the people or organisations I’m going to meet in Cape Town and Johannesburg? Or is it less about the specific people and more about the country in general and some travel tips?
The idea & current plan:
At the moment, my idea is to focus on and interview social entrepreneurs, change makers and activists – people who want or make this world a better place. This can be responsible tourism businesses, people working in charities, social enterprises, non-governmental organisations (NGO’s) or non-profit-organisations (NPO’s). It can also be small grassroot organisations or township based projects, or organisations that exist for several years. I’m really open-minded, but I think a variety would actually make it most interesting!?!
If you know about any great initiatives, please just pass on these 3 criteria:
- They must be available between the 16.04.-02.05.2015
- They must be willing to share their experiences and agree to be published on this blog
- There should either provide pictures, or let me take pictures for the post
Here’s, how you could get involved and support:
Do you know, or have you heard about social entrepreneurs, social enterprises, change makers, activities, community leaders or social innovators in Cape Town or Johannesburg? Please tell me about it, or connect me with them! 🙂
These are the questions I plan to ask those people or organisations:
- What are you doing and why are you doing it? (what, why)
- Can you tell us a bit more about your business concept? (how)
- What are the main challenges you faced or still face?
- What was/were your crucial success factor(s)? What helped you getting where you are now?
- What are your future plans?
- What do you enjoy most about your job?
- What advice or which tips would you give to aspiring designers, start-ups and (social) entrepreneurs?
- Is there anything else you would like to share with the readers?
I really encourage you to comment or feedback! The best way to create great and interesting content is when I know what you really want to know or care about! I’m also happy to write i.e. about travel tips instead or share photographic stories 🙂